I’m getting to the end of my pregnancy. This could very well be my last Baby Update!
How far along: 38 weeks. I’m counting the days now!
Baby size: Lil’ Ziggy is about 6.8 to 7 lbs. He’s pretty much just putting on weight rather than growing longer now.
Belly: The belly is pretty much at its limit, I don’t think there’s much room to grow now. Here is (hopefully?) what could be my last belly pic for Lil’ Ziggy:
Clothes: I put on jeans and an actual top for our meeting with our Financial Advisor today, but the rest of this week has been strictly yoga pants and tank tops.
Movement: Pretty much the same as last week, which is good. Not much lower, which is not so good. Go lower, Lil’ Ziggy!
Food cravings: Nothing much, really. Sweet foods I guess, only because I’m not eating as many sweets now that I’m at home.
Labor signs: Nothing in the sense of real contractions, loss of plug, etc. My OB checked me at my appointment on Tuesday, though, and I’m dilated 0.5 cm (not much), and the baby’s head is at a -2 station, meaning he’s dropped but not really settled into the pelvis yet. So it’s not much… but it’s not nothing!
What I miss: Being able to see my feet as I walk down the stairs. It’s so disorienting! It’s one of those things people don’t normally think about. I don’t enjoy feeling like I can’t see where I’m going.
Preparing for birth: As I mentioned, I actually made it to the OB appointment. He was very pleasant even though he was running about 4 hours behind (par for the course up here). He seemed surprised that I hadn’t come in to see him before now. I was as sweet as I could be when I explained to him that four weeks and two referrals had passed before I was actually assigned an appointment.
We had a good chat and he checked to make sure that baby was where he is supposed to be (he is). I also signed induction papers stating that they’ll start talking about induction at 40+3 weeks, but I was assured that I could go up to +10, and sign a waiver if I wanted to give it a few more days after that.
We went over my birth plan, and he had no issues with it at all, except that instead of waiting 24 hours to start antibiotics if my water breaks and no contractions have started, he recommends 18. Given that he is fine with avoiding interventions unless absolutely necessary, I’ll trust that his recommendation is sound and that he just wants me to avoid infection. In any case, he sees at least another week to 10 days before baby decides to show up. So we’re playing the waiting game!
Also, in preparation for when baby arrives, this weekend I’m going to write a bunch of blog posts that I just haven’t gotten around to yet. Exciting things like… the nursery reveal! And my cloth diaper stash! And even some non-baby-related posts like another delicious recipe I made recently (and actually took some photos of!), and some blogging goals I have for this year.
So stay tuned!
This post has been happily shared on the following Linky Parties: